If you're trying to understand how the chest cycle works in Clash Royale, look no further. In this guide we will show you the rules of each of the chest cycles present in the game: normal, special and missions.
See below for all the rules related to chest cycles in Clash Royale and how to know where you are.
Normal chest cycle
To earn normal chests, just win matches. With every victory you will receive a chest, unless you already have all 4 slots full. In this case, you must wait until one can be opened before receiving another.
The chests obtained with each victory are not high level and are part of the following cycle:
The normal chest cycle consists of 180 silver, 52 gold, 4 magic and 4 giant chests, for a total of 240 chests. The order will always be the same and the sequence will not advance as long as there are slots being used.
How do I know which part of the cycle I am in?
To know exactly what part of the cycle you are in, just go to the Stats Royale page. The site is officially recognized by Supercell and allows you to check your account information and other useful information.
First, access your in-game profile and click on the tag to copy it:
Then just paste the code on the Stats Royale website in the upper left corner of the screen. Afterwards, all your account information will appear and your chest cycle will be shown at the bottom of the page, as follows:
In addition to informing you which chests are next in the queue, the page also shows when the next Giant chests and Magic chests will appear.
Once you reach 300 trophies on your account, the normal cycle will be modified by another cycle: the special chests cycle.
Special chest cycle
When you go over the 300 trophy range (which is also the requirement to unlock Arena 2), you will randomly start receiving other types of chests. This cycle can be a little confusing, but this is how it works:
- The special chest cycle has a 500 chest extension from the normal cycle. That is, the special cycle starts again when you get 500 chests from the normal cycle.
- When you reach 300 trophies, you can randomly win a Mega Chest of Lightning each special cycle.
- Upon reaching 1000 and 2000 trophies, you can also get epic and legendary chests respectively.
- You can get from all three special chests, and if you get an Epic or Legendary, the next one will always be a Lightning Mega Chest.
In short, the special chest cycle replaces one of the normal cycle chests with one of the three mentioned above. This is extremely advantageous as the contents of a Lightning, Epic or Legendary Mega Chest are far superior to the contents of the normal cycle.
Quest Chest Cycle
The last cycle is done by chests that we get by completing quests. Clash Royale has a system of objectives that, when completed, give great rewards. This cycle works as follows:
- Each player randomly receives one of these sequences. When the line of chests is finished, another one is randomly generated.
- All sequences consist of 5 Gold Chests, 2 Magic Chests, 2 Giant Chests, 1 Epic Chest, 1 Legendary Chest and 1 Mega Chest of Lightning.
- Every 12 chests, the one you touched next will be replaced by a Lightning Chest.
- Upon arriving at Arena 7, each chest 18 will be replaced by a Legendary King's Chest.
To top it off, we also receive a free chest every day. That way, every day there is a chance to improve the deck.
Click here for more Clash Royale tips and tutorials!