Sinnoh Stones are Pokémon GO evolution items, that is, they are used exclusively to unlock evolutions of some specific pokémons. Check below how to get Sinnoh Stones, which pokemons evolve with them and meet the best among them!
How to get Sinnoh Stones
In total, there are 5 ways to get Sinnoh Stones in Pokémon GO:
- Collecting the 7th day Field Research prize. Very high chance.
- Defeating Team Go Rocket Bosses (Cliff, Sierra, and Arlo). High chance.
- As a reward for 2 wins in a GO Battle League set. High chance.
- Opening gifts, spinning PokéStops, or playing PVP with friends. Very low chance.
- As a reward for some specific tasks and special research. These scenarios are situational and vary entirely by mission.
Which evolutions require Sinnoh Stones?
There 18 pokemons which, in addition to 100 Candies, need a Sinnoh Stone to evolve:
- Togetic for Togekiss
- Pillowswine for Mamoswine
- Rhydon for Rhyperior
- Electabuzz for Electivire
- Lickitung para Lickilicky
- Sneasel for Weavile
- Roselia to Roserade
- Murkrow for Honchkrow
- Gligar to Gliscor
- Porygon 2 for Porygon-Z
- Dusclops for Dusknoir
- Magmar to Magmortar
- Misdreavus for Mismagius
- Tangela to Tangrowth
- burning money Yanmega
- Kirlia to Gallade
- Snorunt to Froslass
- Aipom to Ambipom
Best Pokemon to evolve with Sinnoh Stone
From the list above, the most prominent Pokemon are:
- Togekiss: one of the best pokemons for the Ultra League and Master League of the GO Battle League.
- Lickylicky: one of the best pokemons for the Ultra League of the GO Battle League.
- Weavile (Shadow): best ice and dark pokémon in the game for raids.
- roserade: Best Plant and Poison Pokemon in the game for raids, with the exception of Mega Evolutions and Shadow Pokemon.
- mamoswine: Best Ice Pokemon in the game for raids, with the exception of Mega Evolutions and Shadow Pokemon.
- Rhyperior: 2nd best Rock Pokemon in the game for raids, with the exception of Mega Evolutions and Shadow Pokemon.
- elective: 2nd best Electric Pokemon in the game for raids.
How to Evolve Pokemon Using Sinnoh Stone
Whenever a pokemon requires Sinnoh Stone to evolve, the item icon will be shown in the evolution option, as in the image above. If you have one, just click the evolution button normally to evolve the creature. Note that like all other evolution stones, it is still necessary to pay the normal amount of Candy.
- Pokémon GO: what they are for and how to get special items
- Pokemon GO: How to make every Eevee evolution!
- Pokémon GO: Meet the best Pokémon of each type!