The quest "Luking in the Shadows" (also seen under the name "a complicated situation") from Pokémon GO continues the story of Team GO Rocket's invasion of PokéStops (PokéStops). It is part of Special Research, and is unlocked once you complete the quest "A Worrying Situation". If you want to prepare in advance for all 6 tasks that are part of this mission, check below our complete step by step on how to complete it!
A complicated situation (1/6)
- Rotate 10 discs in PokéStops (500 XP)
- Defeat 3 Team GO Rocket Recruits (500 XP)
- Hit 1 Shadow Pokémon (500 XP)
Rewards: 500 Star Poeira, 10 Pokéballs and 10 Frambo Fruit
A complicated situation (2/6)
- Spin a PokéStop 5 days in a row (750 XP)
- Purify 15 Shadow Pokémon (750 XP)
- Win 5 Raids (Raids) (750 XP)
Rewards: 1000 Stardust, 3 Hyperpotion and 3 Revive
A complicated situation (3/6)
- Use 6 Super Effective moves in Gym battles (1000 XP)
- Win 3 Grand League battles against another Trainer (1000 XP)
- Defeat 6 Team GO Rocket Recruits (1000 XP)
Rewards: 1500 Stardust, 15 Big Ball and 5 Caxí Fruit
A complicated situation (4/6)
- Defeat or Team Leader GO Rocket Arlo (1000 XP)
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Cliff Leader (1000 XP)
- Defeat or Team Leader GO Rocket Sierra (1000 XP)
Rewards: 2000 Stardust, Super Radar Rocket and 3 Golden Raspberry Fruit
A complicated situation (5/6)
- Find the GO Rocket Team Boss (2500 Stardust)
- Battle the GO Rocket Team Boss (1500 XP)
- Defeat the GO Rocket Team Boss (3 Silver Cashew Fruit)
Rewards: 3000 Stardust, 1 MT fast attack and 1 MT charged attack
A complicated situation (6/6)
All three tasks will be completed automatically and you will receive 2000 XP for each one.
Rewards: 3 Max Revive, 20 Ultra Ball and 3 Rare Candy
Tips for completing the quest "A tricky situation"
- Most of the tasks involve fighting Team GO Rocket Recruits. Although they invade random PokéStops, you can find them even from a distance! Just look for darker than normal squares that are shaking instead of standing still:
- Team GO Rocket only stays in the same location for about 30 minutes. Try to communicate with friends who play to locate villains more easily.
- Don't forget to heal or revive your Pokemon after clashes with Team GO Rocket. Unlike Trainer battles or against friends, your creatures take real damage when fighting villains.
- O Rocket Radar is obtained when you gather 6 Mysterious Components. He is able to locate Team GO Rocket hideouts in his vicinity. Only players who have the radar will be able to fight the Team Leaders. Other players who are in the same location at the same time will only encounter Recruits.
- O Super Rocket Radar is the item you need to find Giovanni, the great Boss of Team Go Rocket. Upon defeating it, you will have a chance to catch a Legendary Shadow Pokémon.
Also see what they are for and how to get special items in Pokémon GO and the updated list of raid bosses!