In Minecraft you start with two basic skins: Steve and Alex. In this article we will teach you how to put other skins in the game, so you can be whoever you want! We have divided this tutorial according to the 3 versions of the game:
- Java Edition - Minecraft Original no PC
- Console Edition - PS4, Xbox One e Nintendo Switch
- Bedrock Edition - Pocket Edition
Skins para Minecraft no PC
The shapes that we are going to give you below can be used in any version of the game for PC. There are two easy, fast and 100% reliable ways that won't harm your save file.
1. Putting skin downloaded from the internet
The coolest method is the one where you can download new skins from the internet. So you can choose the coolest ones that are really to your liking. There are several sites on the internet where you can download a new look. One of the most complete is Skins 4 Minecraft.
- Step 1: download the skin. It is an image in PNG format. When you download it, don't be alarmed: it looks all deformed, but that's because it hasn't been installed yet. Remember where the downloaded file was, so you don't lose too much time later
- Step 2: go to the official Minecraft website and login. Enter your profile. Click on the Browse button, which will open Windows Explorer. Go to the location where the skin PNG file was downloaded. When adding the file, make Upload, so that the image goes to the game.
- Step 3: the last step is to enter Minecraft. Log into the game, load the world, press F5 and see how your avatar is doing. If everything went well, your new skin will be there.
2. Putting the game's own skin
Minecraft creators selected some skins and added them to the base of the game. They can be accessed easily and quickly. Just access the Skin Chooser menu, from the game itself. It's on the clothes hanger icon, which is on the main game screen, below your avatar.
Upon entering the next screen, you will see dozens of skins. They are divided by types, such as zombies or emojis. Not all are free, however, which can be discouraging. Those that must be paid with in-game coins are marked with a white padlock.
Now just choose, change the skin and that's it! Return to the home screen and start the game!
A new thing about skins is that in 2022 updates the developers allowed players to customize avatars even more. You can add hats and other outfits to a skin, something that wasn't possible.
How to skin in Minecraft for console - PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
On consoles you can't just download skins from the internet and add them to the game like on PC. Doing this via hacking is illegal and could get you a complete ban from the game's servers. But you can change skins if you pay to have new ones.
To do this, just access your console's online store. On PS4, for example, it's the PS Store. Buy a skin pack and download to add them to the game. When playing, go to Help & Options. Click Change Skin and choose any available from your purchases.
If you don't want to buy it, the console versions have variations of Alex and Steve, with different clothes and accessories. They are free, as they come with the base of the game.
How to put skins for Mobile - Android and iOS
The Pocket Edition version is practically the same as the PC. To put new Skins, just follow the same path done in the Java version, which is to go to Skin Choser, on the hanger icon. You must have the PNG image of the skin in your mobile gallery to upload it to the game. Once the upload is done, just change the current skin for the new one and that's it! That is:
- Step 1: Download the skin in PNG
- Step 2: click on Skin Choser, already in the game, on the hanger icon
- Step 3: upload the skin PNG image
- Step 4: confirm the selected skin and go to the game
NOTE: The image must be 64x64 or 128x128 in size and cannot be transparent.
Sites to download skins for Minecraft
If you still don't have a site to download your skins for Minecraft, we bring you some of the best and most reliable! The first three that you will see below are in English, but the last one is from our country. The 4 bring skins for all versions of the game. Just choose yours and see the available catalog:
- Skins 4 Minecraft
- The Launcher
- download minecraft
Other Minecraft articles:
- See the worlds you can create with Minecraft seeds
- Games like Minecraft!
- Minecraft house ideas to get inspired
- How to take out the rain in Minecraft
- Complete guide to mining