Having children is one of the most common activities for those who play The Sims 4, as it adds a lot of new and fun interactions to the game.
If you're trying to grow your Sims family and want to have twins (or triplets, or quadruplets, etc), check out below how to influence pregnancy in The Sims 4 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One!
How to have twins using cheats
Know in advance that codes (cheats) are the only guaranteed way to have twins in The Sims 4, all others only increase your chances.
First, access the command box by pressing:
- CTRL + SHIF + C no PC.
- L1, L2, R1 e R2 no PS4.
- Rt, Rb, Lt e Lb no Xbox One.
In the command box, enter the code "testingcheats true" to enable cheats.
With the cheats turned on, type the command "pregnancy.force_offspring_count ". This will make the Sim pregnant with the number of babies set (maximum allowed is 7).
To find out the ID of the SIM you want to get pregnant, type the command "sims.get_sim_id_by_name ".
how to speed up pregnancy
After impregnating the Sim, the character will take 3 days to have children, each day representing 1 trimester. If you don't want to wait, you can speed up pregnancy using the following codes:
- Sims.add_buff pregnancy_trimester1, to advance to the first semester of pregnancy.
- Sims.add_buff pregnancy_trimester2, to advance to the second semester of pregnancy.
- Sims.add_buff pregnancy_trimester3, to advance the pregnancy to the third semester.
- Sims.add_buff pregnancy_inlabor, to go into automatic labor.
How to have twins without using cheats
If you don't feel like using cheats, there are other ways to have twins in The Sims 4, but know that none are guaranteed. Are they:
- buying the reward Fertile in the Rewards Store. It costs 3.000 points and greatly increases your chances of having twins or triplets.
- If you have the “Spa Day” package, it is possible to receive a fertility massage both in the Spa and a Sim with the “Wellness” skill, as long as you can get a massage table for your house.
After taking the above measures, you obviously need to get pregnant. For that, you need to choose the action “Try for a baby”. Then you will be able to click on the toilet and choose the action “Take a pregnancy test”. If so, the Sim will start the 3-day countdown to delivery.
How to choose the sex of the baby
If you want to choose the sex of the babies, there are also 2 ways:
with cheats: the only guaranteed way to choose the sex of babies. Use the cas.fulleditmode code in the command box. Then just hit Shift and click on your baby. This will open a character editing screen where you can customize your character however you want. This is the ideal method for those who want to have a set of twins.
Sem cheats: If you want to increase the chances of having a girl, have your Sim listen to pop music and eat strawberries. If you want to increase your chances of having a boy, have your Sim listen to alternative music and eat carrots. This method, in addition to not being guaranteed, does not help if you want to have mixed twins.
Also see how to transform into a mermaid in The Sims 4!