Creating a server in Minecraft is quite simple. In this article we will teach you how to do this for Windows and Mac! This way you guarantee much greater freedom to play on any computer, from wherever you want. Check it out below!
non-windows minecraft server
Creating a server on Windows does not require many steps. Let's go to them!
- First make sure your Java version is the same as the current version of the game. To do this, click Windows+X and click Command Prompt. If not, update your Java.
- After ensuring that Java is correct, download the installer (in .jar file) from the server of the game's official website.
- Create a folder for the server and place the installer inside it.
- Click the installer with Enter or double click with the mouse, thus creating a eula.text file.
- Open the eula.text file and change the "false" to "true".
- Double click on the .jar file and run the server. Ready!
non-mac minecraft server
Anyone who has an Apple Mac will need to follow a few different steps. Take a look:
- The beginning is the same: make sure your Java version is the same as the game's. If not, contact Apple support and download the correct version.
- Download the server installer, .jar file. Create a folder for it and paste the file there.
- Open the Text Editor on your Mac. Go to Format and change it to "plain text".
- Paste the following: #!/bin/bash cd "$(dirname "$0")" exec java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar minecraft_server.1.15.2.jar nogui
- You will save the file in the same folder where the server is, with the following name: startmc.command.
- Go to your folder where Minecraft is installed and grant the permission to use the startmc.command. For this use the command chmod a+x startmc.command not Mac Command Terminal.
- click on the startmc.command and that's it: your server will work!
- The best Minecraft mods for PC!
- Know the main commands (codes) of Minecraft!
- Learn how to install mods in Minecraft and see where to download!