Getting the crosshair the way you want is something very important in CS:GO. Each player has their preferences regarding size, color, moving or static sights, etc. If you want to create your own or even copy a professional player's, check out the 4 ways to change the crosshair in CS:GO below!
1. Changing crosshair settings
In the Settings>Aim menu, you will find all the options to customize your crosshair the way you want. The menu offers all the parameters to change color, thickness, size, etc, as well as allowing you to import crosshair codes from other people to generate one automatically. You can also preview the result as you edit. This is the simplest way to change the crosshair in CS:GO.
2. Using console commands
Another way to change your aim in CS:GO is through console commands, accessed by the “'“ (apostrophe) key. This method is more advanced and generally used by more experienced players, as it requires you to know a series of codes. In addition, all crosshair-related commands serve to adjust the same parameters found in the menu mentioned above, but without the benefit of visualizing the crosshairs during the process. So there's no point in using this method if you want to create a crosshair from scratch.
However, the aim commands are very useful if you want to make the aim look like a professional gamer, since you only need to copy the commands and paste them into your console.
The console commands for crosshairs are:
- cl_crosshairalpha (0-255): adjusts the transparency.
- cl_crosshaircolor (1-5): sets one of the 5 main colors in the game.
- cl_crosshaircolor_b (0-255): adjusts the blue color level.
- cl_crosshaircolor_r (0-255): Adjusts the magenta color level.
- cl_crosshaircolor_g (0-255): adjusts the level of the green color.
- cl_crosshairdot (0-1): Enables or disables the crosshair dot.
- cl_crosshairgap (-100,100): Zooms in or out of crosshairs.
- cl_crosshairsize (0-100): adjusts crosshair size.
- cl_crosshairstyle (1-4): adjusts the dynamic crosshair (which opens when shooting).
- cl_crosshairusealpha (0-1): Enables or disables transparency.
- cl_crosshairthickness (0-100): Adjusts the crosshair thickness.
- cl_fixedcrosshairgap (0-100): Zooms in or out of fixed lines.
- cl_crosshair_outlinethickness (0-3): Adjusts the thickness of the outer line.
- cl_crosshair_drawoutline (0-1): Enables or disables the outside line.
3. Using crosshair generation pages
There are some sites that specialize in generating crosshairs for CS:GO. The most popular are:
They all have the same crosshair creation tool and allow you to preview the results as you edit. These pages also provide famous gamers console commands for you to copy and paste into your game console.
4. Playing on the Crosshair Generator map
There's a map called Crosshair Generator (by Jared) that puts you in a room full of buttons that customize your aim. In addition to offering all the settings for you to make any aim, it also has a room downstairs where you can find a more or less up-to-date list of the aim of many professional players around the world.
- The best CS:GO training maps and how to install them!
- CS:GO: how to make the best aim and customize it!
- The best CS:GO commands you need to know!