Many players don't know, but Dragon Age: Origins also has a series of codes (cheats) for you to cheat and get advantages. Unlike most games, this function is very "hidden" in Dragon Age, so we've brought you a step-by-step guide on how to enable cheats in the game below. Next, we've put together the complete list of commands so you have everything in your hands. Check out!
How to enable cheats in Dragon Age: Origins
To enable cheats in Dragon Age: Origins, it is necessary to enable the command console. To do this, carefully follow the steps:
1. Go to the game folder until you find the executable daorigins.exe in the directory: Dragon Age>bin_ship.
2. Right click on the executable and create a shortcut of it on the desktop.
3. In the new shortcut created, right-click and access the Properties.
4. On the Shortcut tab, in the Destination field, you will find the entire game directory. No matter where it is installed, you will need to add the following code after the directory quotes:
5. Attention: it is essential that you paste the code above after the quotes and after a space, so that the end of the directory looks like this: Dragon Agebin_shipdaorigins.exe" -enabledeveloperconsole.
6. Close the properties window by clicking OK. This will enable the in-game command console, but you still need to set a key to open it.
7. Go to the directory ".../Dragon Age/Settings" and access the file "keybindings.ini". Open it using Notepad and locate the line "OpenConsole_0=Keyboard::Button_GRAVE":
8. Replace the word "GRAVE" with the key you want to use to open the cheat console. We suggest that you use an accent like "~", for example. Just insert the character in place of the word GRAVE, so that the line looks like this:
9. After exiting and saving the changes, just access the game and press the key defined above to open the console, enter the codes below and press Enter. Enjoy!
List of cheats for Dragon Age: Origins
|runscript addxp X||Gives the amount of XP put in place of "X"|
|runscript zz_money X||Provides the amount of Copper placed in place of "X"|
|runscript zz_economizer||Unequip all equipment|
|runscript warrior||Transforms you into a Level 2 Warrior|
|runscript rogue||Transforms you into a Level 2 Rogue|
|runscript wizard||Transforms you into a Level 2 Mage|
|runscript ai [on/off]||Turn artificial intelligence on and off|
|runscript zz_jump_around||Teleports you to a random area of the map|
|runscript zz_pre_demo2||Teleports you and your party to Ostagar|
|runscript zz_pre_strategy||Teleports you and your party to Duncan's Fire in Ostagar|
|runscript zz_eurodemo_end||Teleports you and your party to Dalish Camp|
|runscript zz_talk_nearest||Talk to the nearest NPC|
|runscript zz_wmp_debug||Launches the Script Wizard which allows you to change the game's plot and automatically complete quests|
|runscript batch 1||Start the character leveling screen|
|runscript batch 0||Starts the character generation screen|
|runscript levelparty ?||Resets the group's attributes and level. Destroy all equipped items|
|runscript removetalent X||Remove or talent placed in place of "X"|
|runscript zz_dropparty||delete the group|
|runscript zz_reveal_map||Reveal the entire map|
|runscript injury remall||Remove all wounds from yourself|
|runscript injury remparty||Removes all wounds from the group|
|runscript ai abilities 0||Enemies can no longer use skills|
|runscript selectparty||Open the group selection screen|
|runscript bowlingforferelden||Fends off enemies and creates a shield around them|
|runscript killallhostiles||Kill all creatures in the area|
|runscript healplayer||Heal you and the group|
|runscript pc_immortal||make you immortal|
|runscript dbg_setattrib [attribute] [value]||Provides a 180 second buff to the chosen attribute, for the chosen value|
|runscript zz_supercrit player||Provides 1000 mana, 1000 health, 50 strength and 50 dexterity|
|runscript zz_getparty||Gather all group members|
|runscript zz_createrunes||Craft one of each type of rune plus the Oathkeeper sword|
|runscript zz_givearmor||Craft all Dragonbone armors|
|runscript zz_deathblow||Causes your character to perform a killing blow based on the equipped weapon|
|runscript zz_upgrade||Opens the enchantment menu|
|runscript zz_addparty||Remove group membership limit|
|runscript zz_set_trap||Add traps to inventory|
|runscript addtalent [Number]||Adds the talent or spell placed in "Number"|
|runscript zz_party_addgifts||Adds the following items to your inventory: Antivan Leather Boots, Dalish Gloves, Alistair's Mother's Amulet, Duncan's Shield, Andraste's Grace and Cute Nug|
|runscript e3_addparty||Adds Jory and Daveth to the group|
|runscript zz_starmetal_sword||Adds the 1-handed and 2-handed Starfang swords to the inventory. Warden's Keep DLC required|
|runscript cheater||Adds all achievements to your profile|
|runscript zz_add_skills3||Adds 3 skill points|
|runscript zz_addparty [nome do NPC]||Add the desired NPC to the party|