Being able to put music on your servers is another one of the many features that make Discord a great success. The program has several high quality bots capable of playing music quickly and very conveniently. If you still don't know how to listen to your favorite sounds on the server, check out a detailed step-by-step guide on how to put music on Discord below!
1. Create a server on Discord
If you don't already have a Discord server, create one. It is not possible to listen to songs in the program other than through a server. On the Discord home screen, click the "+" icon in the upper left corner:
On the next two screens, confirm the server creation by clicking on "Create a server" and then "Create":
Okay, your server is created.
2. Choose and install a music bot for the server
The next step is to install a music bot on your server. Access our list of the best music bots for Discord to find the most useful and popular programs and choose the one you like best. To continue the tutorial, we chose one of the most popular music bots, Rythm.
No matter which bot you choose, installation is always very easy. Just click on the "Invite" as in the image below:
On the next screen, choose the server to which you want to install the bot:
After choosing the server, select "Continue" and on the next screen, click "Authorize". Then, after you prove that you are not a robot, the bot will be available on your server.
3. Run the bot and listen to your music
To use Rythm, just follow the instructions of the bot itself that will be shown on the screen:
Translating and explaining:
You can access the complete list of Rythm commands to know all the functionality. The most basic commands are:
- !play: plays the desired song.
- !pause: pause the currently playing music.
- !resume: resumes a paused song.
- !stop: stops the currently playing music.
- You need to connect to any voice channel on your server. Before that, the commands entered will not work.
- To play any song or playlist, just type "!play (name of the song/playlist you want) without the parentheses. The bot does its own search and automatically plays the song based on what you typed in. Example:
Note that you can enter bands, songs and even specific versions to play exactly the song you want. In the complete list of commands you will also find options to assemble playlists, show lyrics, turn on loop, etc.
Okay, now you can listen to any song on your Discord server!
Other general information
- Even if you don't choose Rythm, the step by step to install bots on your server remains exactly the same, that is: choose the bot and invite it to the desired server.
- The first thing after installing a bot on Discord is accessing its complete list of commands to learn how to use it. Any minimally reputable bot has all the information you need.
- As a rule, Discord bots look for results on the main music platforms like Spotify, Youtube, Soundcloud, etc. That's why you can specify exactly the song you want to hear and the bot will do the necessary search to find it. Keep in mind that each bot has its own search engines, so the results will not always be satisfactory.
Also check out other Discord tutorials:
- How to place bots!
- How to Create and Configure a Discord Server on PC and Mobile
- The best Discord bots for moderation, entertainment and more
- The best gaming bots for Discord