Despite The Sims being a classic game, sometimes some details about how to play go unnoticed. That's why we research, talk to experts and finally find 8 essential tips to dominate and change our Sims experience!
We've separated some really cool content to improve your gameplay, customize the game and increase your creation and construction possibilities.
1. Keep the Sim's Needs High
For starters, if you like to play with large families or can't handle the basic needs of a single Sim, follow our guidelines to keep them happy.
When purchasing an object, check your score for each need
Objects with high scores fill needs quickly and make them last longer. Beds with high scores make the Sim more rested, showers with high scores make the Sim feel cleaner for longer, and so on!
Solve Sim's Need Quickly
If the Sim has a very low basic need, just click on the icon for the same need and it will look for the fastest way to solve it. It sounds silly, but it can save you a lot of time.
Have special fruits available
There are some fruits that cause emotions and fulfill specific needs. It is the case of Bizarre Fruit, included only in the Strangerville package. After being vaccinated against the epidemic, eat a Bizarre Fruit and all his needs will be maxed.
If you still haven't prepared the vaccine against the epidemic, take a look at the article we made about Strangerville and find out how.
Wash your hands before going to work
When washing their hands, the Sim will get the emotion "Trusting”. Coming to work confident is a great tactic for having exceptional work performance along with high basic needs. Your chances of promotion will greatly increase!
2. Get rich without cheats
Cast the first stone who has never fallen into the temptation of Motherlode. Of course, everyone likes 50.000 fresh simoleons on the bill. But sometimes we want to have a different gaming experience and just play with life.
The sale of fruit can provide a gigantic increase in income. THE pitaia, for example, is the most cost-effective fruit to sell.
It is possible to find rare objects when exploring the neighborhoods of The Sims 4, from gemstones to the remains of alien objects. The bonus you will receive from selling these items is as high as finding them.
In addition to these, there are other very fun options to have money without cheats. We have prepared a complete article to instruct you in the right way on how to get rich "within the law". So click here and learn how to make a lot of money in The Sims 4.
3. Move and transform objects freely
Let's give exception to cheats for a good cause! with the code bb.moveobjects together with some add-ons, it is possible to combine and create unique objects.
If you have any doubts about using cheats, you can consult the guide by clicking here.
Hide the construction grid
To hide the grid just press the key G. This makes the build mode cleaner and more open.
Place objects anywhere
When selecting the object, press Other and get rid of the grid limitations of build mode.
Increase and decrease the original size of objects
As we already talked about in articles here at CaptainVideoGames, it is possible to customize the size of any object. Be sure to take a look at the article we prepared especially for this.
4. Get free plant packs
There is a loophole in the game that allows you to buy any pack of plant seeds, from the most basic to the rare ones. The advantages of becoming a plant collector is the ease of keeping some basic needs high when eating fruits and also selling them for very high prices, as in the case of dragon fruit. It is a precious tip for those who also want to get rich without the use of cheats.
For that, just:
- start the career of Scientist;
- Accompany the Sim to work;
- Open build mode and browse the furniture category to Gardening;
- Choose and buy the package of seeds you want, for free (from common to rare);
- open the packages. The seeds will automatically go into your inventory.
It is possible to get berries from cow plants, dragon fruit and even an unidentified fruitful object! Now, prepare the ground and good luck in your new farmer life.
5. Build curved fences
In addition to being extremely easy, building curved fences can change the look of your garden, balcony or terrace.
- build foundations - For this, build a Flat Circle Foundation. The curve of this foundation will be the same curve that will make the fence curve.
- create shapes - Position the foundations the way you want, as shown in the image below. You can change the height and size of Foundations.
- fill with fences - Finally, just fill the curves with the desired fence in the “Replace Fences” mode. If there are vacant spaces, you can complete it with the normal fence building function.
Now that you have your curved fences, decorate them any way you like. It can be with a pool, outdoor area, exotic plants and whatever comes to your mind. To hide the color of the foundation it will be necessary to use a floor, whether grass or not.
6. Create different stairsNEW STAIRS 💚 │Tutorial │The Sims 4
Ladders are essential items in most large buildings in The Sims. MTsims prepared a super explanatory video on how to customize L, Y and U style stairs. With these super stylish stairs it will be possible to transform any environment. The tips are simple, but the result is impressive! Take a look.
7. Master the terrain toolsSims 4 Terrain Tools Made Easy - The Ultimate Guide | Kate Emerald
Terrain tools, if used wisely, can result in amazing plots. As it is a tool little explored by gamers, we think that now is the time to venture into the Build Mode. YouTuber Kate Emerald is a building guru on The Sims 4 and has created an incredibly comprehensive tutorial to help you understand and master terrain tools, check it out.
8. Put your own music in the game
Finally, if you're tired of hearing the same songs in simslish every time you turn on the radio, we suggest putting your own songs on.
To do this is extremely simple, just:
- open the folder of Electronic Arts, which you find in your Documents;
- enter the folder The Sims 4, and then, Custom Music;
- You'll find several folders, each with a music genre. Copy and paste your custom songs in mp3 in any folder;
- Run the game and play the radio on the respective station.
Sound in the box and enjoy!
Discover all The Sims 4 cheats, codes and cheats!