Brawl Stars is here for those who like limitless action, lots of shooting and really cool characters. Try different modes in solo, duo or trios, picking up gems and gold, detonating your opponents and improving the skills of your warriors who, in the game, are called Brawlers.
But there's nothing better than starting to play well from the beginning so you don't make too many beginner mistakes. Check out our tips for debuting in style on Brawl Stars!
1. Master or Basic
Despite the differences between Brawlers, they all have controls in common: move and attack. Each Brawler has two bars: the health bar and the attack bar, divided into three parts. You can shoot three times before you need to reload. It is very important to attack at the right time so as not to be vulnerable and always keep moving to make it difficult for your opponents to aim.
Find out all about the latest Brawl Stars update!
2. Aim right at the target
By pressing the attack button once, your Brawler will shoot the nearest enemy. This is effective in an emergency, but accurate shots don't put your character in danger. Press the fire button and hold to aim. When you fix your target, release the button to shoot. Some Brawlers can even shoot in a slightly curved manner.
3. Heal yourself often
Whenever you take damage, try to heal yourself by walking away from the fight or behind protection and don't shoot. It only takes a few seconds to fill your health bar, but shooting while healing slows down the process. It is not an escape, but a strategic retreat.
4. Use the Super Attack
Each Brawler's Super Attack charges whenever he shoots opponents. Depending on your Brawler, this attack can be more or less useful depending on the game mode and your objective. Use at decisive moments.
5. Whenever you can, protect yourself.
Looking closely at the maps, you will see that there are bushes and rocks. The stones protect you from enemy fire. The bushes, although they can be destroyed, also serve as a hiding place. Use this advantage well, surprising your enemies!
6. Access more Brawlers for free
The game's starting character is Shelly, but there are other really cool characters that you can access without spending real money. But before you jump for joy, remember that to have access to all the characters it takes a lot of game time and, above all, a lot of victories. You can access different characters in several ways:
- winning trophies: If you play a lot and of course if you win several games, you can be rewarded with Trophies. If you gather enough Trophies, you can access some characters.
- Brawl Boxes: whenever you collect 100 Tokens, you are entitled to open a Brawl Box that will give you access to a new character. To earn Tokens, just play. After 10 matches, your ability to earn Tokens decreases, gradually returning.
- Keep an eye on the Store: It is possible to catch new Brawlers using gems. You can buy gems with real money or you can collect some more slowly by playing. Although free, this is a very slow process. With the gems, you can get some Brawlers at a good price in the store, as well as Big and Mega crates that can contain some Brawlers and other really cool items.
7. Improve your Brawlers
Although Brawlers level up with the fights they win, it doesn't increase their abilities. To do this, it is necessary to add power points. You can find Power Points inside Brawl Boxes – you get one every time you collect 100 Tokens – or you can buy them using gems. Power Points are specific to each Brawler and cannot be used on other characters. It is very important to be aware of the different deals in the Shop, as you can get Power Points at good prices on different days.
8. Know the different game modes
There are different modes in Brawl Stars. The Gem Pique mode is the starter, very fun and action-packed, but the creators have added more modes that are worth checking out. Gain access to different modes by earning some trophies. Check out:
- Pique Gem: the initial mode of the game. Two teams of three players need to collect and keep ten gems. If any player is knocked out, they lose their gems.
- Combat: A Battle Royale-inspired mode and can be accessed once you have collected 30 Trophies. Playing solo or with another friend, players need to pick up bandages or damage boosters from chests scattered around the map. There is a cloud of gas that builds up, forcing players to fight until only one victor remains.
- star hunters: another 3 Vs 3 mode where the team that gets the most eliminations wins the match.
- Theft: A team needs to protect their vault while traversing the map to rob the enemy vault.
- Fute-Brawl: A fun football-inspired mode. The first team to score two goals wins.
- B: In this mode, one player assumes the role of Boss and the other four try to defeat him. The Boss has more HP and deals more damage per attack, as well as being bigger. The objective of the team of four is to defeat the Boss as quickly as possible, who will try to survive anyway.
- cornered: Fight for the pieces and build a robot that will help to destroy the enemy base.
9. Use different Brawlers for different modes
Each Brawler is unique, with different attacks and super attacks. Choose effective Brawlers for the mode you are going to play.
- Pique Gem: This mode needs Brawlers with attacks that result in long ranges and offensive Super Attacks. The best Brawlers in this mode are Penny, Dynamike, Barley, Poco, Bo, Ricochet, Jessie, Nita, Shelly, and Mortis.
- Combat: This mode requires Brawlers with a lot of HP and long attacks, to avoid putting the Brawler in danger. The best Brawlers in this mode are Colt, El Primo, Bull and Frank.
- star hunters: Ideally, use Brawlers with a super Attack that works well behind cover, as well as good healing ability. We suggest Piper, Brock, Crow, Pico and Penny.
- Theft: In this mode, it pays to use Brawlers with a Super Attack that deals damage to more than one enemy at a time, as well as good healing ability. The ideal Brawlers are Penny, Jessie, Barley, Dynamike, Nita, and Poco. Ricochet's Super Attack is also very useful in this mode.
- Fute-Brawl: The most effective Brawlers in these matches are those that deal high damage and have good movement. A good choice would be Crow, Bull, Bo, Mortis, or Barley.
- B: if you play as a Boss, it is convenient to use Brawlers whose super attack brings one more ally. Brawlers like Nita, Crow, Jessie and Leon are the most effective. On the side of the team that wants to beat the boss, it is highly effective to use Brawlers with attacks that freeze, delay, or even poison the boss. Crow, Spike and Frank are your best chances.
Find out which are the best Brawlers for each mode!
10. Join a Club
Club is simply how Brawl Stars designates Guild or Clan. Even if you are a beginner, it is very advantageous to join a club or do one with your friends. It is possible to create friendly matches that reward players with Tokens and Trophies or participate in the ranked, facing other players.
Click here for more Brawl Stars tips and tutorials!